My Camino Guide: Albergue Recipes: Gift Rice
- Accept gift of prepackaged, pre-cooked rice. It should be mixed long grain, wild, and red, for best results.
- Add the last of your salted peanuts on top. Be sure to tap out all the salty crumbs.
- Microwave until hot.
- During this one minute of cooking, peel your orange.
- Take out hot plate using your towel, as there will be no hotpads.
- Pull apart your orange slices and arrange them around the edge of the plate in a pleasing pinwheel design. Presentation is everything. Perfecto!
- Eat alternating between sweet and salty. Touch your finger into the last crumbs of peanut bits and eat every single one.
- Choices for dessert: corn nuts or a ginger candy. I say go crazy, have both. Careful of your teeth, though.